During this time of “Thanksgiving” I hope you are reminded of all the blessings that surround you. In my last blog, I stressed the importance that time was a gift to share with our loved ones . Lets take the time to not forget others that are less fortunate . I’ve always had the idea of switching my family dinner to Friday and volunteer at a food kitchen on Thanksgiving. I’ve never acted on this notion , but hope to one day. This year I did a small monetary donation to “Feeding America”. Every little bit helps. If you able, please take a peak at these links. Maybe you can “Pay it Forward” Thanksgiving style!
Join the fight against hunger:
- Simply text “CHEW” to 50555 and donate $10 to “Feeding America”. ABCs “The Chew” has partnered with “Feeding America” to raise awareness on the fight against hunger . Disney has agreed to match each gift , up to $25,000. Or go to http://www.feedingamerica.org/thechew
- Contact your local food bank. You can go online to www.foodbankcenter.org to find your local drop off point for actual food donations. There you can find a “Most needed items list”. Or you can make a monetary donation online as well.
Help the people who have fallen on hard times: Hurricane Sandy Victims
- Check out “NOLA Pay it Forward”. The Greater New Orleans Foundation has spearheaded this organization to help out victims of Hurricane Sandy . “ We know the importance of having outside help”- Mayor Landrieu www.nola.com
- You can always pledge your time or monetary donations online through the “American Red Cross” www.redcross.org
Vegetarian or Animal lover :
- “Farm Sanctuary” – You can sponsor a turkey and help him stay off the table and to never become dinner! You get a adoption certificate and everything. http://www.adoptaturkey.org
Have A Happy Thanksgiving!